Careers At Kartoffel Films
Creative, Focused, Friendly
Kartoffel Films has been running for over 7 years. We have produced over 1000 pieces of film and animation. Our office is based in central London and we are a relaxed and multidisciplinary team who work in a collaborative style. We are a dynamic group, always trying to improve our ways and get better as a team.
Below are some of the current vacancies we are looking to recruit in the coming quarter.
- Location: Kartoffel Films Office Off Brick Lane
- Salary: Circa £23,000 – £28,000 p.a + Bonus scheme
- Closing Date: End of Nov 2019
- Start date: Jan 2020
We are Kartoffel Films, a small but fast growing media production company based in the heart of the creative hub Shoreditch London, right off of the famous Brick Lane!
We pride ourselves in working with only the very best people in the industry to give our clients products they can be proud of. No wonder then that we’re already counting Chicago Booth, W3C, Virgin, Macmillan Cancer Support and many others as our clients. In the last 6 years we have produced over 1500 films and animations, this along with working with big names such as Harry Redknapp, Emma Willis, Tamsin Greig and many many more!
This role is for a Filmmaker in our office. It is a great opportunity to get into an important position in a rapidly growing team. You will go on various shoot across the globe! Here’s just some of the places our client base has taken us…USA, Asia, South America and every part of Europe you can imagine! (yes really).
We are after a highly skilled, creative and multi-skilled filmmaker to take ownership of projects. It’s essential that you’re proficient working with lighting and cameras ( such as Sony Fs7, Canon C-300 and various DSLR models and more ) you will have very good experience editing with the adobe creative suite including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and Audition (anymore such as Davinci Resolve even better!) And you must be eager to continue to learn and improve upon your skillset.
You will have at least four years experience of working in corporate online video.
We’re looking for someone who has the ability to combine storytelling with technical knowledge and then bring creative editing flair.
The ideal candidate will combine great technical knowledge of on-set or studio filmmaking and post-production process with creativity and skill.
The role is split between attending shoots and working on edits.
- A keen shooter with vast set experience shooting in various lighting environments and a keen eye for composing beautiful images.
- Experience in on-location lighting and studio lighting (must be backed up via a showreel or examples of work)
- Acting as a DOP on Set.
- Comfortable conducting an interview with direction.
- Prep kit, location and post-production requirements in association with Producers
- Attend pre-production meetings for key projects to help develop the concepts in line with the client brief.
- Writing treatments for prospective work and pitching to new clients.
- Direct the shoot, making creative and content decisions.
- Look after footage: backing it up.
- Back the footage up on the server and a computer before processing it
- Editing the finished product.
- Work with the Production Assistants (and sometimes directly with clients) to incorporate client feedback, provide commentary and explanations, and produce a final draft version of the project.
We are looking for the following freelancers to join our books. If of interest please send us a link to your recent work and a cover letter and your date rates.
DOP’s senior and mid level.
We operate an internship program.
As a part of the internship, we will provide mentoring and training across a wide gamut of the various skills involved in a video production.
This will be from planning and creative through to the shoot and onto the post-production.
We have a structured assessment for each stage of the learning.
We do ask that interns stay with us for 2-3 months if possible and try to keep relative office hours as we find that shoots and opportunities to learn with us are intermittent by nature but that period should guarantee some onset experience. Interns are welcome to take time out as needed for work opportunities, study or own projects as needed.